Monday, December 12, 2005

My First Post-Katrina Entry

Where Do I Start ?

It is hard to begin at one point in time other than the present. The testimony of the four people from New Orleans in Congress was extremely moving. But as time goes by, I am becoming removed from the entire process of defining failure. I have resolved matters in my mind by coming to the conclusion that this experience will be the single most defining event in my life and I can celebrate changes this event has brought to my life.

My return to New Orleans will be the last leg on this journey...scheduled for January when Southern U at New Orleans resumes operations on our North Campus. This will be quite an experience. Hopefully, our students will return and we can rebuild the school and at the same time I can be nearby to see Ponchartrain Park come back. I have my doubts, but that is only because so many factors are beyond my control. Nevertheless, my anticipation is beginning to grow as I want to see how this episode plays out.

That's all for now...

No comments: