Monday, January 02, 2006

Greetings

With January 3 being the "Go" Date for the return of Southern U to New Orleans, I am quite naturally anxious and uneasy. A well-timed phone call from a relative has provided the first smile of my day.

But these types of tough questions will set the tone for the year for everyone returning to NOLA to rebuild. I have tough questions to answer of my own:

Where will I live...on campus...in a trailer zone...or in the home of someone there?

How many students will return to SUNO?

As I watch the Saints battle the Bucs in their last game of the year, I know that the team will return to NOLA as ordered by the NFL. Whether that is good or bad will be up to the team's owner for he will set the table.

Will Benson continue to demand a move to San Antonio?

Will the Superdome be ready at all this year for football?

Will Aaron Brooks be traded?

How will Deuce respond to his knee injury?

Can Deuce be expected to be a Pro Bowl Running Back ?

Should i purchase season tickets and support the team?

Will Benson step and be a part of the recovery effort ?

After watching the Saints play and fight for a win..and watching the NFL makes outrageous calls to preserve a Tampa Bay win...I come to the conclusion that the Saints are part of our community...a vital....and I will support them despite what I know to be an obvious attempt...to reduce the team...and the fans...to a critical mass of disconcert...for the sake of fun...I will get my season tickets just to spite the NFL...and have fun watching the last season of pro football in New Orleans....my son says the Saints are his team...and that is good enough for me...

All these things are matters of concern for bringing our city back...but...we must take pause to say thanks for our blessings over the past year...many did not live to see the New Year...and for them we take a moment to pause...especially those young men and women who gave their lives in combat...their sacrifice is what keeps us safe and sound here at home...we wish only the best to their family and friends...and pray that their loss is something we remember each and every day...

From this day forward...making a significant entry to this journal will be what i will do to give those following the re-building of New Orleans a place to visit and see if we do a good job....

Comments are, as always, welcome.

To all reading my Blog...Happy New Year...and Best Wishes for the Future!!

Roll Tide...Beat Texas Tech

Lord Darkmeat

No comments: